Total Pageviews

Friday, December 24, 2010

The Lombardi Rules- Part I

This is taken from The Lombardi Rules by Vince Lombardi Jr. He writes about 26 lessons on leadership from his father and legendary coach.

1- Ask yourself tough questions-
"I'm not better nor less than the next man. But the thing about me is that I always knew what my acts would mean. I was lucky... I found a singleness of purpose early on."



2- Look the truth straight on-
"The successful man is himself. To be successful, you've got to be honest with yourself."

3- Play to your strengths-
"What it will come down to... is that we will try to do what we do best. We... will go with our strengths."

4- Write your character-
"Improvements in moral character are our own responsibility. Bad habits are eliminated not by others, but by ourselves."

5- Think big picture-
"The difference between a good coach and an average coach is knowing what you want, and knowing what the end is supposed to look like. If a coach doesn't know what the end is supposed to look like, he won't know it when he sees it."

6- Be completely committed-
"I would say that the quality of each man's life is the full measure of that man's personal commitment to excellence and to victory- whether it be football, whether it be business, whether it be politics, or what have you."

No comments:

Post a Comment