Total Pageviews

Friday, December 24, 2010

John Wooden- Staying On Top

"I have always felt, in spite of what seems to be the general feeling, it's easier to stay on top than it is to get there. I think it's far more difficult to get there. Once you're there you have learned so much along the way that it puts you in a much better state of mind to stay at or near the top than it is to get there in the first place."

"Perhaps it's about trying too hard. When you want something so much, I think the tendency is that you try a little too hard. You've got to learn just to make your best effort, day to day. Never think about overcoming someone else. It goes back to something my father tried to get across to me and my brothers when we were in grade school. You should never try to be better than someone else, but you should never cease to try to be the best you that you can be."

No comments:

Post a Comment