Thursday, December 6, 2012
1. "The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time."
2. "Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and griefs which we endure help us in our marching onward."
3. "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
4. "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts."
5. "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
(1918 - )
6. "Leaders aren't born, they are made. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal which is worthwhile."
7. "Worry is the interest paid by those who borrow trouble."
8. "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face...we must do that which we think we cannot."
9. "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes."
10. "The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been kindness, beauty, and truth."
11. "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."
12. "Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate."
13. "I believe the unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
14. "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved."
Posted by Massey Basketball