Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Streaks Senior Profiles & Sports Schedules (9-7-26)

  









Galesburg High School’s Fall Sports are off and competing. We have this week’s home schedules, Streaks Senior Profiles, and the complete athletic schedules.



This Week’s Streaks Home Contest

Tue, Sept 8- Volleyball vs Alleman- At 7:00pm- At John Thiel Gym

Tue, Sept 8- Girls Tennis vs Sterling- At 4:30pm- At Art Fish Courts

Tue, Sept 8- Girls Swimming vs R Island, Geneseo- At 4:30pm- At Doug Mustain Pool

Tue, Sept 8- Girls Golf vs Mercer Co, Knoxville- At 4:00pm- At Lake Bracken CC

Fri, Sept 11- Football vs Normal U-High- at 7:00pm- At CBI Bank Stadium

Sat, Sept 12- Boys Soccer vs A-Town- at 1:30pm- At CBI Bank Stadium

* Always check GHS website for schedule changes. 




Silver Streaks Senior Profiles

I wanted to shine some light on the Streaks senior athletes out for Fall sports. I asked the coaches to share this senior survey with their athletes. I appreciate the athletes taking the time to fill these out. Here is the first set of profiles that the athletes have shared with me. 


Taylor Herchenroder- Volleyball




































Favorite Classes/Teachers
3D art studio, weight training, and Hamstuds. The teachers in those 3 classes made it enjoyable, and I loved what we did in those classes as well.


Sports/Activities/Jobs

Volleyball, Basketball, Track. Clubs- Student Council, Interact. Job- Lifeguarding.


Quote/Saying That Motivates

“The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it” - The Lion King


This Will Be a Great Season If…

This will be a great season if we have fun


What I Hope My Teammates Would Say About Me

I hope my teammate would say I’m a hard worker, trustworthy, and kind. 


Favorite Post-Game Meal

Dairy Queen Ice cream 


Sky Dive, Mountain Climb, Ski Jump, Bull Riding

I would choose to mountain climb.




Derrick Curtis- Football






















Favorite Teachers/Classes

Mr Baxter’s AP physics class- everyone got along and had great energy all year.

Sports/Activities

Football, basketball, and track

Saying/Quote That Inspires 

“Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” — William James

This Season Will Be Success If…

I stay healthy and work hard

Hope My Teammates Say This About Me

I did my job and worked hard

Best After Game Meal

Chicken Alfredo

Sky Dive, Ski Jump, Cliff Dive, Mountain Climb, Bull Ride

Bull riding



Ella Herchenroder- Golf


































Favorite Classes/Teachers

Mr. Miller, modern world history- learning about the history of the world.

Mr. Noonan, P.E. Lifting and getting better at my sports.


Sports/Activities 

Golf, Basketball and Track. Student Counicl


Quote/Saying That Inspires

“Somewhere behind the athlete you’ve become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back…play for her” -Mia Hamm


This Will Be Great Season If…

This will be a great season if I accomplish the goals I have set for myself and to see myself playing to my full potential.


What You Hope Your Teammates Say About You

That I’m a good leader and respect me


Best Post Game Meal

Ice cream


Sky Dive, Ski Jump, Mountain Climb, Bull Riding

Sky diving 




Jordan Miner- Golf


Favorite Teachers/Classes

Mr. Wascher was my favorite teacher when he was here. He had a computer tech class and a transportation class that were peak.


Sports/Activities/Jobs
Golf and working at B-Dubs.

Quotes/Saying That Inspires
“I remember when I ate Mcdonald’s, that was yesterday. I still eat Mcdonald’s”-Lil Uzi

It Will Be a Good Season If…
It will be a good season if we go to state.

What Hope Teammates Would Say About Me
I know they’ll say I make money and am the funnest teammate.

Favorite Post-Game Meal
Bdubs


Sky Dive, Mountain Climb, Ski Jump, Bull Riding
Sky dive for sure





Streaks Fall Sports Schedules


Boys/Girls Cross Country Schedules- Click Below

Football Schedule- Click Below

Boys Golf Schedule- Click Below

Soccer Schedule- Click Below

Girls Golf Schedule- Click Below

Girls Swimming Schedule- Click Below

Girls Tennis Schedule- Click Below

Girls Volleyball Schedule- Click Below


* Always check GHS website for changes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment