Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 13, 2026

Streaks Senior Profiles & Sports Schedules- (9-14-26)

  







Galesburg High School’s Fall Sports are off and competing. We can help you fans with:

Fall Sports Schedules

This Week’s Home Events

Senior Profiles



This Week’s Streaks Home Contest

Tue Sept 15-  Boys Golf vs Macomb-  at Bunker Links-  at 4:00pm

Tue Sept 15-  Boys Soccer vs Alleman-  at CBI Stadium-  at 6:00pm

Tue Sept 15-  Girls Golf vs Sterling-  at Lake Bracken-  at 4:00pm

Tue Sept 15-  Volleyball vs UTHS-  at Thiel Gym-  at 7:00pm

Thu Sept 17- Volleyball vs Quiincy-  at Thiel Gym- at 5:00pm

Fri. Sept 18-  Football vs Sterling- at CBI Stadium- at 7:00pm


* Always check GHS website for schedule changes. 




Silver Streaks Senior Profiles

I wanted to shine some light on the Streaks senior athletes out for Fall sports. I asked the coaches to share this senior survey with their athletes. I appreciate the athletes taking the time to fill these out. Here is the first set of profiles that the athletes have shared with me. 


Violet Huizenga- Cross Country

Favorite Teachers/Classes
Mrs.Bruington and Mr.Norris/CNA and Psychology. They are both great teachers and have fun in class while still getting everything done. They're both very easy to talk to.  

Sports/Activities
Cross country, Marching band/ Concert band, Huizenga Family Farm, and Student council 

Quote/Saying That Inspires 
“None but ourselves can free our minds.”

Bob Marley


This Will Be Great Season If…

This will be a great season if I can stay consistent and continue to work hard.


What I Hope My Teammates Would Say About Me
I hope my teammates would say the following about me? I hope that they 
would say I'm fun and hardworking.

Favorite Post-Game Meal
Watermelon and bacon breakfast pizza

Sky Dive, Mountain Climb, Bull Ride
Mountain climb


Aiden Nelson- Golf
















.
















Favorite Teachers/Classes
My favorite teacher is Mrs. Wolfe, she always has a smile on her face and has pushed me to be the best version of myself.

Quote/Saying That Inspire
My favorite quote is "You have to work hard in the dark to shine in the light." - Kobe Bryant

This Will Be Great Season If…
This will be a great season if I stay true to myself and keep getting better until the end.

Favorite Post-Game Meal
My favorite restaurant to eat after meets is Chick fil a.

Sky Dive, Mountain Climbing, Bull Riding
If I had to pick, I'd mountain climb.




Grae Boone- Cross Country 






























Favorite Teachers/Classes
Chad Thompson 4rth Grade, He instilled confidence in me. 

A current teacher I have that is one of my favorites is Laura Putnum for Intro to Teaching and Early Childhood Education. She really gives us insight into the different values being a teacher or working with children can bring, and the life skills it gives you even if you have no interest in being a teacher. 

Sports/Activities
I am and or will be partaking in Cross Country, Track, Lifeguarding and our school district concessions. 

Quote/Saying That Inspires
"If you keep yourself out of the game for fear of losing there's no way on earth you're gonna win" - Dolly Parton, Rip. 

This Will Be a Great Season If…
This will be a great season if I continue to work hard and show up for my team every day, while working to accomplish my own goals. 

Hope My Teammates Would Say About Me
I hope that they would say that I'm encouraging and that I'm someone they can look up to or someone that just makes running a bunch of miles every day a little bit more bearable/enjoyable. I hope any teammate of mine would be able to say that I noticeably try to keep the positivity up. 

Best Post Meet Meal
Depends on the day/race/performance but spaghetti is always safe, or fast food especially if it’s a team dinner or the team getting food on the way home. 

Sky Dive, Mountain Climb, Ski Jump, Bull Ride
I would choose cliff diving/jumping because I like swimming and regular diving boards so what's a nature made diving board into an open body of water.  




Streaks Fall Sports Schedules

Boys/Girls Cross Country Schedules- Click Below

Football Schedule- Click Below

Boys Golf Schedule- Click Below

Soccer Schedule- Click Below

Girls Golf Schedule- Click Below

Girls Swimming Schedule- Click Below

Girls Tennis Schedule- Click Below

Girls Volleyball Schedule- Click Below

* Always check GHS website for changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment