Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Antonia Kisler- Senior Reflections


Antonia Kisler brought high energy and a tremendous work ethic to the basketball program. Both her junior and senior year’s she was selected by her teammates for the “Bring It Award.” That award is given to the player who brings it in the weight room, in practice, in the off-season, and during games. Antonia was certainly a leader, and set the tone for the entire team with her approach. 
With Antonia’s work ethic, it will be exciting to see how much she improves as a basketball player while at Sandburg. 

Massey- Where will you be going to school next fall?


Antonia-  I will be attending Carl Sandburg College in the fall.

Massey- Why did you pick Sandburg?

Antonia- I picked this school to continue my basketball career and to get started with my college education at a low cost.

Massey- What do you plan to study in school? Do you have an idea of what you would like to do after college?


Antonia- I plan to major in biology to pursue a career in healthcare. I have been interested in dental hygiene and being a diagnostic medical sonographer.

Massey- What was your class at GHS? Who were some of your favorite teachers at GHS?

Antonia- My favorite class at the high was my AP Calculus Class and my GAVC culinary class. My favorite teachers are Mrs. Kniker, Mrs. Good, Mrs. Barrett, and Ms. Qualls.

Massey- What were your favorite memories from basketball?


Antonia- My favorite memories from basketball are the summer camps we would go to and having fun with the girls in the dorm/hotel rooms. And I really enjoyed playing UT to get Coach Massey’s 1000th win. 

Massey- If you got to pick, what would be your menu for your all-time team dinner?

Antonia- My all time best team dinner menu would be tacos with chips and queso. It’s a good balance of carbs and protein for the night before the game.

Massey- How are things going in track?


Antonia- My track season has gone good, still want to improve my jumping and hope to get to state for it. I also hope to be in a relay that goes to state. 

Massey- What area of your game do you plan to work on during this Spring and Summer?

Antonia- I plan on continuing to work on my shot and I want to improve my ball handling.  And of course, I can always work on defense!

Massey- What advice do you have for next year’s team?

Antonia- Enjoy and make the most of every bit of high school basketball! Lead by example and work hard to push your teammates to work harder and always be uplifting!!

It will be exciting to watch the great things Antonia will achieve going forward in basketball and in the classroom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment