Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 4, 2024

Alexis Edgerson- Senior Reflections

 


Alexis Edgerson was on the varsity for three years. As a sophomore she came off the bench, and then she started her last two years. She invested time and worked in the off-season on her shot, but she will always be remembered for how hard she worked on defense. When we defended the ball screen, our rule was that the defender on the ball ALWAYS was supposed to go over the ball screen. Alexis was a master at defending the ball screen, and actually picked up a couple fouls on screeners each game. 

Alexis has important characteristics that made her a great basketball player and make her successful in everything she does-


1- She wants to learn- which made her coachable in basketball and teachable in the classroom.

2- She has an incredible work ethic.

3- She is humble.

4- She is a great teammate.

5- She enjoyed the process and enjoyed competing. Note the picture of her dribbling and smiling. 

She is the first player in our program to win 4 individual awards at the end of the season. Her teammates appreciated everything she brought to practices and to games. It will be exciting to see what she accomplishes in the future. 


Massey- What are your plans for next fall?

Alexis- This fall I will be attending the University of Missouri. 

Massey- Why did you pick Missouri?

Alexis- The first time I visited Mizzou was actually during our summer basketball camp for the varsity, and I loved it then! 

Massey- What do you plan to study and hope to do after college?

Alexis- At Mizzou I plan to study health sciences and follow that up with grad school to become a Physician Assistant.


Massey- What was your favorite class and teacher at GHS?

Alexis- At GHS my favorite class of all time would have to be my calculus class with Mrs. Knicker. There were only around 6 people in the class, so we all got very close! I also got extremely close with our basketball team.

Massey- So what were your favorite basketball memories?


Alexis- We have too many memories to remember, but my favorite would have to be Coach Massey’s 1000th win, it was a very genuine moment and I felt we had never strived to win a game and play as hard as we did that game.

Massey- Not to keep coaching you, but you have always worked so hard. So in college do you have a plan for working out and keeping in shape?

Alexis- I am not continuing my basketball career, but I find a lot of enjoyment in running and lifting still in my free time. 


Massey- What advice do you have for next year’s team?

Alexis- I hope future girls realize how beneficial it is to work hard in the off season and trust the process. Most importantly, I want them to realize how special this program is and cherish each and every moment!








No comments:

Post a Comment