Total Pageviews

Monday, August 6, 2012

Kevin Eastman- Working w the Best

WORKING WITH “THE BEST”
 Lessons from the Olympians

I've been very fortunate in my career to work with, talk to, and help improve some of the best players in the game.  As I look at our 2012 Olympic team, I remember working with Kevin Durant when he was a sophomore in high school; with Lebron James as he was entering the draft after his senior year in high school; and with Kevin Love, Chris Paulm and Andre Iguodala as well.  Then there are former Olympic players not on the 2012 team, including Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.

More than what I may have taught them, I think about what they have taught me while I had the opportunity to be around them and observe them in action.

From my observations, this much I know -- “The Best” will:
  • outwork others
  • be more disciplined than others
  • have greater drive than others
  • be much more competitive than others
  • do things that others think aren't important
  • do the unrequired extra work
  • always want to know what they can do to get better
  • want to be coached, want to be driven, and want to learn more
These are just some of the characteristics of “The Best" -- all things your players need to recognize in this elite group.  And for all our corporate friends, I think this list is worth thinking about as well. We all can grow and improve if we strive to do these things to the level that “The Best” are willing to do them!

Enjoy watching these special players as they once again strive to bring that Gold Medal to the United States!  We are fortunate to have them representing us!

No comments:

Post a Comment