Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Streaks Alumni Profile- Stacey Watson 1979



















Today’s “Streaks Alumni Profile” features Stacey Watson from the Galesburg HS’s Class of 1979. 

Stacey was an outstanding athlete for the Silver Streaks. As a sophomore, he dressed on the varsity for State Tourney series on a team that made it to the Sectional. Unfortunately the Streaks lost to Peoria Central in OT. Central went onto win the State Championship. 

Stacey had a successful varsity career then in football and basketball as a junior. 

It was great to catch up with Stacey. 





















Favorite Teachers/Classes


Miss Webber pre algebra.



1978-1979




























Best Memories from Galesburg & GHS


I was first black starting  Quarterback in Galesburg High history , and starting point guard for the man's basketball ball team. 



1977-1978


























Education/Military After GHS


I got a scholarship to Wayne State in Nebraska. I quit the football team and had to leave school. 


I enlisted into the military and went to  Georgia for basic training for 8 weeks. I came back to Galesburg for 30 days before leaving for Germany. After 9 months I came back to Galesburg, and then went back to Germany  for 10 months. 


PCS from Germany to Fort Lewis Washington. I came back to Galesburg and got married to Julie Finley July 29 and had to report to Fort Lewis Washington on August the 5th of that year.


The unit they put me in was packing to go to Panama. I was in Panama for 21 days and then got back too Fort Luis Washington. I did 13 more months, before getting an honorable discharge.


Fall of 1978






















Career & Today

I moved to Portland Oregon where I currently live. I retired from the military  .... All I do now days is travel to visit my grandkids , from California to Los Vegas  to Oregon to South Carolina  to Kentucky to Illinois  !!!!


























Advice to Today’s Students/Athletes

To enjoy high school while u can, it goes fast!




Smart Car that Stacey drove Portland to Las Vegas



Stacey flanked by his brothers. 



Stacey today.


















































































































































20 years after graduation w/ Scott Shaver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment