Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 1, 2026

Thanks for 2 Million Views, WGIL Readers! Here is How to Navigate the Full Massey Basketball Blog


























Massey Basketball Blog- I started Massey Basketball Blog back in 2010. As the GHS girls basketball coach, I had just decided to put in the Grinnell System. The players loved it but some parents and fans were not sold on the idea, so the blog was my way of trying to explain “The System.” 

After we discontinued using the System, I used Massey Basketball Blog as a way to share inspirational info and coaching tips with the players. 

When I retired from coaching in 2024, I didn’t plan to be a full-time blogger, it just happened. While I do some about present day athletes, I love researching sports history and Galesburg history. I didn’t grow up in Galesburg but my grandfather drove a street car in Galesburg in the early 1900’s, my mom was the editor of the 1929 GHS Reflector, and I taught/coached at GHS for 50 years. 

Massey Basketball Blog is my retirement hobby, doing topics that interest me. 





























2 Million Views- This week, Massey Basketball Blog went over 2 million views, and 1 Million of those views just happened in the last 6 months. I owe a big thanks to Jay Redfern and WGIL for helping Massey Basketball Blog take off. Jay suggested that I share one of my articles each week with WGIL. Soon one article per week became 3-4 articles. Not all the articles on Massey Basketball Blog appear on WGIL. 






































Finding Massey Basketball Blog- There are over 1,000 articles on Galesburg history, Streaks history, coaching tips, advice for players and parents, and more. It is simple to find Massey Basketball Blog. You can just Google, “Massey Basketball Blog.” Or if you click below, it will take you to Massey Basketball Blog. 






























Navigating the Blog Page
There are over 25 different sections that you can use to explore a variety of topics. 

Massey Quizzes- There are over 50 post quizzes on general knowledge, Galesburg history, and Galesburg sites. There are a dozen quizzes focused on sports history. 


Silver Streaks History- There are over 100 stories on Galesburg HS sports history from the 1913 basketball state champs to Lily Furrow winning the 2026 Don Morris Award.


Basketball History- There are 100 articles on things like the Cobden Appleknockers to Why Were Scores So Low to Greatest Illinois State Champions.

Streaks Alumni Profiles- I have “interviewed” over 100 alums at this point and want to keep adding to the list. I have profiles on athletes and non-athletes. With time I hope to get a cross section of GHS alums, sharing their memories. 

Jay Redfern’s Podcasts- Jay has done dozens of podcasts on Streaks sports/activities, Knox sports, and area sports. This is a collection of his GHS podcasts. 

Coaches’ Corner- This is a series of articles sharing experiences from my coaching career. Some are X/O’s, some motivational ideas, and other ideas to help with player development. 

Hall of Fame Insights- I have reached out to 15-20 Hall of Fame coaches, and asked their opinions a variety of sports topics. They are football coaches, boys basketball coaches, girls basketball coaches, and volleyball coaches from Illinois and Iowa. 

Players Playbook- This is articles designed to provide guidance to players. 

Parents Playbook- These are all articles for parents of athletes. Advice on how parents can make their son/daughter’s experience more positive.

Caitlin Clark & More- I am a Caitlin Clark and Indiana Fever fans. I also love the NBA and college basketball. These are all articles on my thoughts on Clark, the W, and basketball.

Galesburg Past and Present- This is articles on Galesburg, GHS, Sandburg, and more. 




























Best of the Past Year
Here are the most viewed articles over the past year. 












No comments:

Post a Comment