- Happiness doesn’t have anything to do with money. “I was happy when I was poor. I am happy now that I am rich.”
- Treat people like winners if you want them to perform like winners.When he took over the Mavs they were the worst team in the NBA. The very first thing he did was up grade their locker room and travel accommodations.
- Always be the most prepared person in the room. Knowledge is power. Mark relentless studies everything before he gets involved.
- If everyone is zigging, make sure you zag. Mark doesn’t jump on bandwagons; he creates them. He doesn’t like doing what others do; he likes carving his own path.
- Focus on the present. “Today is the youngest you will ever be for the rest of your life – so live like it!”
- Success is a matter of effort. If you want something bad enough, you work and work and work until you get it. No excuses.
- Get paid to learn. Most of your education will come after you are done with school. Work as many jobs and try as many things as you can – they are all learning experiences.
- Speak your mind. Mean what you say and say what you mean.
Monday, July 28, 2014
Posted by Massey Basketball